Monday, January 30, 2012

100 days of fitness (1st round): Day 1 - 30th of January

This is my public journal as I document my days of fitness. I am not an expert, I am just applying what I have read, watched, and experienced. There is science to fitness and health, but at the end of the day, it is personal to you.

Because I have the tendency to not finish what I started and because I bite more than I can chew, I have decided to focus on 4 things to improve and add 1 per week. Here are my 4 key behaviours:

1. Sleep on or before 10PM to have at least 6 hours of sleep.
2. Wake up at 430AM to workout before I go to work (except on days when my call time in the office is 4AM, which will then be my active rest day).
3. Bring packed food/lunch at work and document my food intake.
4. Map out my daily and weekly work out the week before to avoid cramming.

Sounds simple enough, but they are challenging. I have to focus my mind to organise what I need to do and this is something that eludes me.

On a different note, here was my workout for today :

Monday workout:
90 seconds jump rope
50 prisoner squats, 50 DB chest press (5-lb), 50 v-crunch

90 seconds jump rope
40 prisoner squats, 40 DB chest press (5-lb), 40 v-crunch

90 seconds jump rope
30 prisoner squats, 30 DB chest press (5-lb), 30 v-crunch

90 seconds jump rope
20 prisoner squats, 20 DB chest press (5-lb), 20 v-crunch

90 seconds jump rope
10 prisoner squats, 10 DB chest press (5-lb), 10 v-crunch

It took me 27mins 46 seconds to complete the entire workout. When I did this last 7th of January, I finished it at 35mins 29 seconds. Not bad! Yey!


Here is my food intake (i forgot to take note of the time):

Pre-workout: 1/2 Kashi granola bar
Breakfast: Shake made out of: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup water, 3/4 cups oatmeal, 1 banana
Snack: 1 tall cafe americano (black), 1/2 kashi granola bar
Lunch: 1/2 cup red rice, 2 chicken breast cooked adobo style, 1 cup steamed broccoli
Snack: handful of roasted salted almonds
Dinner: 1/2 cup red rice, 1 salmon steak sinigang (OMG soooo good!)

I always drink more than 8 glasses of water, and I drink vitamin C and fish oil regularly.

To cap off this very long first day update, here is what I currently look like (i will take a better angle over the weekend):





On the 100th day of my fitness journey, I am targeting a 15 pound weight loss. My current weight is
190lbs and the last time I had my body fat % checked, it was at 38.7%.

No comments:

Post a Comment