Friday, February 3, 2012

100 days of fitness (1st round): Day 5 - 3rd of February

My planned workout didn't go as well as I hoped and planned. Pull ups were really challenging and burpees had my heart pumpin'. I only managed to do half of the required rounds. This was the workout, as designed by Coach Ross Enamait (Google him; he is awesome!):

Work Capacity 101 - conditioning workout
10 rounds in 20 minutes:

1. 5 pull ups
2. 10 medicine ball slams
3. 10 burpees
4. 20 jumping jacks

I only did 5 rounds and for more than 20 minutes. I did the pull ups with the help from a chair to lift myself up, but I couldn't. On the 3rd round, I ditched the pull up bar and went to the dip station to do reverse push ups instead. On the same round, I ditched the 8kg medicine balls and just simulated the slamming movement. I feared for our terrace ground. I will get myself a lighter one.

I really feel bad with how I performed. I keep shaking my head when I think about it. So, I will do this workout again on Sunday, with  no time pressure, just focusing on completing the movements and rounds in proper form.

Damn you, pull ups, I will learn you! In the meantime, I will be substituting lat pulls for pull ups and build strength. I will also stretch before workout and ensure that I allot enough time to stretch afterwards.

So, that was my dismal performance for today. I like the workout, though. My arms are sore. :)

- - -

Here's my food journal for today. I had to struggle to select healthier food when we had dinner at Johnny Rockett's earlier.

Pre workout snack 5am 1 slice 12-grain bread 1 tablespoon sugar free orange marmalade

6am breakfast
1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup frozen blue berries

730am
1 grande cafe americano black

930am
6 pcs roasted salted almonds

11am 1/2 cup red rice
1 chicken breast adobo
2 grilled eggplant

330pm
6pcs tuna sashimi with soy sauce and wasabi

545pm 1 chicken breast adobo

7PM 1 slice whole wheat tuna salad sandwich
1 bowl chili
10 pcs french Fries
1 tablespoon ketchup


Hoping for a better performance tomorrow. I will be drinking, so, errrrm, this I need to control.

No comments:

Post a Comment